Area specific guidance for Islington
Emergency and immediate care numbers for frail and elderly Islington patients.
There are a range of services available for frail and elderly patients in Islington. You can search them by category in the Directory of Services search bar.
The MDT INC meetings are continuing to support all patients across Islington with complex care needs. Full details are available on the INC service page (see below), or the service can be contacted at whh-tr.INC@nhs.net
The meetings take place every week for most networks.
Area specific guidance for Camden
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, the multi-disciplinary frailty and complex care team is continuing its work with across the borough for all frail elderly people, and those with complex needs.
- Patients at high risk of unplanned admission or with complex needs should be added to the practice frailty register and referred to the Complex Care Nurse to help manage the patient (they will triage the patient remotely initially).
- The neighbourhood MDMs continue virtually from 9.30-11.30am. GPs and Practice Nurses are encouraged to discuss patients. Please email@example.com before the MDT meetings.
- NW3 Neighbourhood: every third Wednesday
- South & CHE(S): every third Wednesday
- NW5 Neighbourhood: every fourth Wednesday
- CHE (W): every fourth Wednesday
- Borough: first, second and fifth (if there is one) Wednesday, 9.30-11.30am, with a small number of participants at Keats Group Practice.
- All referrals to the MDM should be sent by 2pm on the Tuesday before the meeting each week to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care navigators are available in practices, supporting vulnerable older people to get the right care, and will also help facilitate food parcel deliveries.
For more information about prevention of falls, please refer to the Camden integrated network prevention checklist (see Downloads).
Area specific guidance for Haringey
Emergency and immediate care numbers for frail and elderly Haringey patients.
Haringey Directory of Services
There are a range of services available to frail and elderly patients in Haringey. You can search them by category in the below Directory of Services search bar by using the phrases early help and prevention, complex needs, crisis, and eol.
Haringey and Enfield Ageing Well resources
A Haringey Ageing Well web resource and a Haringey and Enfield Ageing Well guide (condensed version of the web resource, see Downloads) have been developed to support residents aged 50+ and those who know or care for someone who is. Both highlight topics people may face as they get older and what signs to look out for, contain useful hints and tips on ageing well, and provide local contacts and links to organisations who can help.
The resources are designed for those who are fit and well and want to know what they can do to look after themselves, or for those who may have had a crisis, such as a fall or a visit to a hospital.
Haringey Safe and Sound Community Alarm Service
Haringey Connected Care Service is a 24-hour, 365-days-a-year emergency service provided by Haringey Council. It offers older people, vulnerable people, people with disabilities and victims of domestic violence and harassment a home safety and personal security system. It also provides a quick response if there is an emergency triggered in the home.
During office hours, there are specialist assessors to identify appropriate equipment and technicians to install and ensure that the equipment is working and that service users and carers know how it works.
Area specific guidance for Enfield
A Haringey and Enfield Ageing Well guide (see Downloads) has been developed to support residents aged 50+ and those who know or care for someone who is. It highlight topics people may face as they get older and what signs to look out for, contains useful hints and tips on ageing well, and provides local contacts and links to organisations who can help.
The resource is designed for those who are fit and well and want to know what they can do to look after themselves, or for those who may have had a crisis, such as a fall or a visit to a hospital.