Please scroll down to see a list of services related to this topic.
RAG clinical prioritisation for GP direct-access imaging referrals
The NCL imaging departments have agreed on a set of standardised imaging prioritisation categories that are to be applied to all future referrals. These must be applied whether that GP is making a referral to the independent sector or NHS service providers.
GPs can refer direct to hospitals for urgent diagnostics and are encouraged to consider this instead of 2WW.
GP direct-access imaging services: Suspected cancer referrals move to single NCL referral form
GPs can request the following direct-access investigations for suspected cancer at any provider trust using a single referral form.
- University College London Hospitals
- Royal Free London
- North Middlesex University Hospital
- Whittington Health
- Abdominal USS (Suspected Gall bladder or Liver Cancer)
- MRI/(CT if MR contraindicated e.g. pacemaker) (Suspected Brain and CNS Cancer)
- CT abdomen (Suspected Pancreatic Cancer)
- CXR (Suspected Lung Cancer)
- Pelvic USS (Suspected Endometrial Cancer) (Royal Free, North Middlesex, Whittington Hospital only. For Gynae USS at UCLH please use the 2WW pathway)
- Testicular USS (Suspected Testicular Cancer)
How to refer
To use these services you must use the EMIS form Urgent Direct Access Imaging Request Form (adult and paed) - Suspected Cancer - NCL FORM
Where to find the form
In local EMIS global document library systems as follows:
Barnet: BAR Global Documents > Diagnostics (BAR Global)
Enfield: ENF Global Documents > Radiology (X-Rays/Ultrasound)
Haringey: HAR Global Documents > Imaging
Islington: ISL Global Documents > Imaging
Camden: Find the form on the Camden EMIS Forms page.