This central point of access for Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Services for children and young people service sits within the Children’s Services Contact Team at Islington Council.
From 30 September 2019, all referrals into the central point of access will first receive safeguarding screening by Children's Services Contact Team, before being passed on to the most appropriate service as identified by a multi-agency intake team (Children’s Services Contact Team/Whittington Health Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) and Barnardos). The team carries out daily triaging and allocation of referrals, and weekly SEMH intake meetings with the SEMH therapeutic and emotional wellbeing providers.
Services offered through a referral to the SEMH central point of access include:
- Emotional wellbeing services including:
- The Isledon Wellbeing service
- The Brandon Centre (also takes direct referrals)
- Youth Counselling & Substance Misuse & Alcohol Service (YCSMAS)
- Kooth, online counselling and emotional wellbeing support service (also takes direct referrals)
- Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)
- Social prescribing through the Isledon Wellbeing service including third sector services and digital services such as online counselling.
- Children and young people, 0-18, who are either:
- registered with a GP in Islington
- living in Islington
- in education in Islington
How to refer
Central point of access number
Referral methods: EMIS managed referral
Where to find the form
ISL Global Documents > Mental Health > Islington's Children Services - Request for service form - Whittington
The SEMH service also accepts referrals from young people, parents and carers. Referrals can be made by phone.
t: 020 7527 3355
Please note that direct referral pathways to CAMHS in schools and children's centres remain in place.
Review date: Wednesday, 05 July 2023