Dieticians provide practical dietary advice, in particular our dieticians assess and treat patients with nutritional problems. We offer a range of services aimed at improving the health of patients and public in our community. Care, assessment, and equipment are available for clinically related nutritional problems (such as swallowing problems or dysphagia). We also provide telephone support for people with nutritional problems and contribute to health promotion initiatives on obesity and diabetes.
What we offer:
- Advice and information, including telephone support
- Community dietetic clinics
- Training on obesity , diabetes and healthy eating for health, social care, education, and voluntary sector staff
- Public education sessions targeted at specific sectors of the community, in line with ECS and national guidance
- Specialist nutritional advice, dietetic support and equipment for dysphagic patients and those requiring enteral feeding in non-acute settings
- Specialist nutritional assessment and dietetic support for Oncology/palliative care and learning difficulty patients
- Healthy eating programmes and obesity management
- Specialist diabetes dietetic advice
The service is available for patients who live in the London Borough of Enfield and are registered to a GP in NCL.
How to refer
Referral methods: Email
Referrals are via the ECS SPA form. To find the form, go to:
ENF Global Library > Community Therapies > Adult Services Single Point of Access Referral form - Enfield Community Services
The completed form should be sent to the following centralised ECS address:
Once the referral has been received, it will be screened by non-clinical administrators with no changes to clinical response times.
Review date: Monday, 09 January 2023