The children’s physiotherapy service provides assessment, advice and treatment to children and young people from birth up to 18 years old. We provide the service in community and hospital settings, working closely with the child/young person and family to ensure family-centred care, and the wider multi-disciplinary team.
Reasons for referral could include:
- musculoskeletal problems e.g. sports injuries, strains, sprains and recovery if movement is lost after a fracture
- physical disabilities related to neurological and neuromuscular conditions e.g. cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy
- difficulties associated with balance and coordination
- delay in acquiring motor skills
- orthopaedic and rheumatological conditions e.g. childhood arthritis, Structural / Congenital Talipes Equinovarus (Ponseti Service see below)
- rehabilitation after prolonged illness
- congenital disorders e.g. torticollis, plagiocephaly, spina bifida, Erbs palsy and Structural / Congenital Talipes Equinovarus (Ponseti Service see below)
- medical conditions affecting movement
- Down's syndrome
- Health Visitors can book babies into the Health Visitor Physio clinics on SystmOne
- Email referrals from GPs are not accepted SPOR form submitted online is the route, see below.
- 0-17 years old (children with special educational needs might remain in the service until transferring to adult services)
- Registered with Camden GP practice or live in Camden
How to refer
CNWL: Single Point of Referral (SPOR) Form
For further information and guidance please contact the SPOR administrator.
t: 020 3317 2250
Editable PDF / Word document
Referral methods: Email
Babies with club foot (or structural / congenital talipes equinovarus) can be referred to the Ponseti service by emailing the Ponseti team and requesting the referral form.
Review date: Tuesday, 14 February 2023