This service provides a full range of non-invasive and invasive sampling:
- sputum induction
- bronchoscopy and endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) for adults and children
- molecular and immunological tests
This service is a tertiary referral centre for:
- multi-drug resistant TB
- ophthalmic TB
- paediatric TB
- spinal and neurological TB
How to refer
Editable PDF / Word document
Referral methods: e-Referrals
Prior to referral:
- If referring a patient with a productive cough, please send details of any recent sputum microbiology, and/or provide the patient with a sample pot for the morning of their appointment.
- Please arrange for the patient to have a chest x-ray at the hospital, if the patient has had imaging at another hospital, and you are not referring to that hospital, please indicate which hospital clearly on the referral so that this imaging may be retrieved and reviewed.
- Please send the results of any relevant blood tests and inform us of any relevant social circumstances that are impacting the patient's health and wellbeing.
- Please inform us if the patient does not speak English, and which languages they do speak. Where possible, please advise them to attend with a translator.
Please complete referral form (see Downloads) and send by e-Referrals.
Review date: Monday, 05 December 2022