Whittington Health's Nutrition and Dietetics Service provides effective, evidence-based nutritional assessment, dietary advice and support to patients, their carers and staff involved in their care. The aim of the service is the prevention and/or treatment of nutrition-related conditions, helping local people live longer, healthier lives.
A range of conditions are managed including obesity, diabetes, IBS and nutrition support.
For the latest referral form and patient information leaflets, see Downloads.
- For full details, see referral form (See Downloads).
- Summary of adult inclusion criteria: Malnutrition, nutrition support, pressure ulcers, type 2 diabetes, pre diabetes, diagnosed digestive issues (IBS), cardiovascular issues, weight management, diagnosed nutritional deficiencies.
- Haringey paediatric patients (>18 months): Obesity >91st centile, constipation, fussy eating, failure to thrive, diagnosed single food allergy, diagnosed nutrient deficiency.
- referrals with insufficient information to ascertain nutrition status (e.g. recent weight, weight history, height)
- IBS referrals that have not completed the IBS referral proforma (see Downloads section)
- type 1 diabetes/type 2 diabetes on insulin
- children with complex special needs (autism/downs syndrome/learning disabilities)
- adults with suspected or confirmed eating disorders
Holloway Community Health Centre
Bounds Green Health Centre
Lordship Lane Primary Care Centre
Hornsey Central Neighbourhood Health Centre